- This event has passed.
I Can’t: Podcast (virtual)
July 9 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$32
A class for those interested in starting a podcast or at least learning HOW to start a podcast, led by someone who taught herself.
Have you been wanting to FINALLY record a podcast, but feel overwhelmed, paralyzed to get started?
Do think you’re not tech savvy enough to record, edit, or produce a show?
Considering the sea of podcasts that already exist, are you concerned your voice won’t be heard or that no one will listen?
Are you idealess for a podcast but are interested in absorbing info on how to start one, just in case?
If you answered yes to one or all of the questions above, I Can’t: Podcast is for you.
I Can’t: Podcast is part of Mac & Cheese Productions’ I Can’t series, where adults state they’re unable to do something, they try it/learn about it with a bunch of other adults who also “can’t,” and everyone proves themselves wrong and not only does the thing, but enjoys it and says, “That wasn’t so bad. In fact, kinda fun. Good for me! What’s next?!” Past I Can’ts have included yoga, improv, draw, have a dog, side hustle, and buy a home. To see other upcoming offerings, head here.
For this edition, Mac & Cheese is partnering with Kristyn Ivey, co-host of Spark Joy podcast. In over two years, Kristyn went from educating herself on what a podcast even was to producing a weekly show with over two million downloads and a community of dedicated patrons.
Kristyn will share best practices learned from recording over 130 episodes of her show, along with practical advice she received from three podcast mentors prior to launch. This workshop will help you move from absorbing information about how to start a podcast to taking immediate action towards your launch. After the Q&A, Kristyn will also share a podcast checklist to help you prepare for launch day.
YOU’LL LEAVE WITH —
- A thorough understanding of the purpose of your show and target audience
- An understanding of how to efficiently nest show topics in a standard format
- Hardware and software suggestions that make tech a breeze
- Tips to help you design an seamless guest experience
- Launch prep guidance and marketing schedule
- Options for monetizing and repurposing your show/content
- Tips to help you manage a consistent production schedule
- Favorite podcasting tools and resources
- Note taking materials
- Food/drink if you’d like; eating during class a-ok!
- Your podcast topic/idea (it’s ok if you don’t have one)
- The Real Tidy Desks of KonMari Consultants Working from Home Around the World - July 16, 2020
- Creative Ways to Donate and Sell Your Clutter During COVID - May 21, 2020
- How to Prepare for Your First KonMari Virtual Tidying Lesson - April 16, 2020